Ensembl Rapid Release is a new site designed to make our data available more quickly. Release of data occurs on a two-week cycle, meaning we can make our gene sets available with minimal delay once the annotation is complete. For each species we provide a gene set along with additional features such as protein feature annotation and BLAST functionality.
It is important to note that Ensembl Rapid Release is by nature not as fully featured as a typical data release on www.ensembl.org. Currently we do not provide homology data, gene symbol assignment (which uses homology data), data archiving or programmatic access. We are however working on adding more functionality over the coming months to further improve usability.
More details about Ensembl Rapid Release and the current and planned features.
We have 8 new species this release:
- Artibeus jamaicensis (Jamaican fruit-eating bat)
- Bos gaurus (Gaur) (Gaur)
- Bos mutus (Datong Yak) (Wild yak)
- Delphinapterus leucas (Bristol Bay) (Beluga whale)
- Delphinapterus leucas (Cook Inlet) (Beluga whale)
- Hylobates moloch (Silvery gibbon)
- Myodes glareolus (Bank vole)
- Sapajus apella (Tufted capuchin)